Stollberger Straße 28
Jewish Prayer and Community Centre
From October 1961 to February 2001, the Jewish Community’s community center was located at Stollberger Straße 28.
Since 1952–53, the Community Board had been conducting negotiations regarding the future of the site of the former synagogue. Although the properties were restituted in the autumn of 1948, the city intended to develop them. In 1957, an exchange agreement was concluded, under which the Community received a plot of land on Stollberger Straße.
On October 22, 1961, the new community center was inaugurated. The ground floor housed administrative offices, a prayer room with a capacity of 50 people, and a meeting room; apartments were located on the upper floor. The 27 members filled the new building with life—among them, only four of the original 18 founding members remained.
Due to the construction of a New Synagogue, the old community center was demolished in February 2000.
